We all know that the optical fiber should not be excessively bent and looped during use, which will increase the attenuation of the light in the transmission process. In general, short-wave optical modules use multi-mode optical fibers, and long-wave optical modules use single-mode optical fibers to ensure the accuracy of data transmission. Then what should we pay attention to in the process of use, let's learn and understand together.
Note on the use of optical fiber patch cables
1. Before use, the ceramic ferrule and the end face of the fiber jumper must be wiped clean with alcohol and absorbent cotton.
2. When using, the optical fiber is very small and the bending radius is not less than 150mm.
3. Protect the ferrule and the end face of the ferrule to prevent bumps and pollution. Wear a dust cap in time after disassembly.
4. Do not look directly at the end face of the optical fiber while the laser signal is being transmitted.
5. When there is damage caused by man-made or other force majeure, the damaged fiber jumper should be replaced in time.
6. Read the manual carefully before installation, and install and debug under the guidance of the manufacturer or dealer’s engineer.
7. Abnormalities in the optical fiber network or system can be tested one by one using the troubleshooting method. When testing or troubleshooting jumper faults, you can do a continuity test first, and you can usually use a visible laser pointer to judge the entire optical fiber link. Or further use a precision optical fiber insertion loss return loss tester to test its various indicators. If the indicators are within the qualified range, the jumper indicates normal, otherwise it is unqualified.
Well, through the above editor's comprehensive analysis of the knowledge of the use of optical fiber jumpers, we can know that after using the optical fiber jumper, the optical fiber connector must be protected with a protective cover. Dust and oil will damage the coupling of the optical fiber. If the fiber connector is dirty, you can clean it with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol, otherwise it will affect the communication quality.